Friday, October 2, 2015

Firsties in Fall

First grade is busy! It seems like there is never down time and someone always has a story to tell.
We've covered so much since my last update! I'm not really sure where to begin, but here are a few highlights.

In math, we explored time to the hour using this fun Time Roll activity.

During Science, we investigated chemical changes by applying heat to butter (they loved this one!) and we also made some delicious applesauce!



On Thursday, we read riddles and located word referents that good author's use in their writing. Each child brought a small stuffed animal to school and then created their own riddles to build suspense.



And on a a more personal note, my regional group leader (at church) celebrated her birthday last weekend. I hosted a party at my place to celebrate and here are a few shots below!





No comments:

Post a Comment