Thursday, June 18, 2015

B-E-A-U-T-I-FUL BINDERS!!!!!


My brain has been overwhelmed this past week with my 2 grad school classes, but somehow I've found ways to get to some of my Summer to-do list.


When I worked in Midland, I started to file my papers to keep for next year. I eventually ended up with 3 filing bins full of papers that I never used. I also had a large stack of papers that had been building up since Christmas break that needed to be added. 

I NEEDED a change. The filing bins just weren't working for me. It was just not practical to dig through my bins every time I needed a certain worksheet or ideas for planning and many of the papers had duplicates or were no longer useable in my new district. So, I decided I would change my files into binders and get rid of all the junk!


It started out looking sort of like the picture above. I went through each bin subject by subject (and got rid of literally a trash bag full of papers). As you can see the Math binder got full rather quickly. 

So before I knew it I was heading back to the store to buy another 3" binder. 

Once I finally had all the papers carefully placed in their sheet protectors I sorted them by concept and added the colorful 47 cent dividers I found at Wal-mart. 

When I was finally content with the size of the binders, I pulled up the adorable binder covers I purchased from Learning in Wonderland. They are so easy to edit and you can use any font you like. It comes with 138 pages which include the binder covers and matching spine inserts. Another wonderful thing about these covers is that they match my content wall labels and the labels I used for my teacher toolbox. Matching makes me happy!!! 


They then made their way into all my lovely binders and now they look fantastic!!!


I'm going to consider buying another binder and making a separate one just for word work, but as of now I am calling these complete and I'm so excited about using them next year!! 

Also on the blog today is a much more serious post about literacy development for the young learner. Check it out, you might learn something new today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment