Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Favorite Things About Summer



I am now officially on Summer break!!!! It has only been 2 days, but I already love having a full day to do whatever I want and its also nice to be able to stay up past 9:00 pm. For my first Summer post I'm linking up with Teaching Trio to tell you some of the my favorite things to do during these long Summer days.

1. Girl Time- I was able to spend a few hours with friends last night without feeling worried about what stuff I needed to make for school or if I was going to be tired the next day and it was great! During vacation, I am able to be so much more present in conversations. It was a great way to start the Summer and I'm looking forward to my trip to Louisiana with a friend for the Whole Brain Teaching Conference. It should be a nice getaway. 

2. Organizing- My house is CLEAN!!!! I have done loads and loads of laundry and organized my bathroom shelves into the cutest bins I bought at Target. 

I am so thankful for a chance to do a few things for myself instead of for work. There are many more jobs to do around the house, but I feel like the last 48 hours have really been a victory! 

3. Free Time- It is so very rare to have free time when you are a teacher. I have been soaking up every minute of it. I've been able to go have lunch with my husband, work on homework for 2 straight hours (for many this doesn't sound exciting, but I love learning!) and have even been able to read some professional development books I've been looking forward to reading.  

And the best part about this Summer is this is ONLY the beginning!!! 

Join us for the linky party by clicking on the pic below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment